Turning legal services into legal products can be done by creating document automation workflows and legal apps, and by structuring new revenue models. To build legal products, you’ll want to think strategically about the process of scoping, building, and launching your legal products. We created this series on “productizing legal services” to educate you on what we and our clients have found to be most successful. We cover everything from defining your initial audience, to tools to help you build, to marketing and monetizing your legal applications.
- Productizing Law: Turn Legal Services into Products: Alternatives to traditional, bespoke hourly legal services
Before the Build: Scoping Your Project
- Defining the scope: Think big, start small, and learn quickly by iterating on your idea
- Building user profiles: Understand your buyer’s motivations and fears through user-centered design
Inspiration for Your Own “TurboTax” for Law
- Documate Case Studies: How have others built legal products on Documate?
- How to Build a Legal Intake App: Step by step process for building an intake app
- How to Build an Automated Power of Attorney (& the video here)
- How to Build an NDA Workflow (video)
After the Build: Launching, Marketing, and Monetizing Legal Applications
- Building a Custom Landing Page and Payment System: Documaters can use our Stripe integration to collect payments as they build legal products, but these websites allow you to further customize your landing page, payment, membership & client account process
- Legal Service Delivery Revenue Models: How to monetize your legal apps through alternative fee structures – everything from flat fees to subscription-based recurring revenue models
- Common Legal Questions: Legal Qs about building legal products. Legal information or advice?